How to boost metabolism in 7 simple steps?
Metabolism is the term which is used to describe almost all the chemical reactions taking place in the body. This involves breakdown of molecules of fat,protein, carbohydrate and etc to obtain energy. It also involves Anabolism which includes formation of molecules that are needed by the cells in the body. Metabolism is closely linked with nutrition and availability of nutrients. Metabolism can be improved by healthy lifestyle.The path of metabolism rely on nutrition we take that is in turn broken by the body for its various functions. And increased metabolism means you are burning more calories and this can result in faster weight loss.
Here are some points that explains how to boost metabolism in 7 simple steps:
1. Proper Food and nutrition
Proper food and Nutrition is very much important when it comes to metabolism. Because as we know metabolism mainly when it comes to weight loss, means the breakdown of molecules such as fats to produce energy. So here to boost metabolism it is important to eat food that process calories into energy more efficiently.
Here are some tips about nutrition uptake that help to boost metabolism:
- Don’t skip breakfast because in the morning the body metabolism is already low so it is important to eat breakfast to stable your metabolism.
- Have five and six smaller meals throughout the day,instead of the three big ones. You’re better off eating several small meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar level stable.
- Eat fiber-rich foods like fruits such as berries,pears,melon and oranges,vegetables such as Peas Beans,pulses,broccoli,carrots and sweetcorn and whole grains.
- Whole grain breakfast such as cereals, wholegrain bread, oats, barley and rye.
- Nut and seeds also helps to increase the metabolism of the body.
- Try eating food rich in vitamin B and C such as meat (red meat), poultry, fishes.
To know more about diet and healthy recipes check.
2. Regular exercise:
Minimum 30 mins of regular exercise is necessary for a human body. Early morning cardio activities are important such as Running ,Swimming , or you can go for a walk play a sport .This will help to boost heart health and get you sweating. Moderate activities such as yoga can also help although it rises heart rate less but is still equally important.
Some of the best exercise that boost metabolism are:
- Reverse lungs with all its variants
Some of the yoga asanas that boost metabolism are:
- Salamba Sarvangasana
3. Stay Hydrated:
Staying hydrated is very important for the body. It is one of the easiest ways to keep your energy strong and this also play important role in keeping the metabolism stable. But staying hydrated doesn’t mean you can jump on sugary drinks and sodas.
Here are some of the tips to stay hydrated:
- If you don’t like plain water add some slices of cucumber or some citrus juice to it.
- Include water-heavy fruits in your diet such as watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries, etc.
- Keep a reusable bottle at your desk and carry it everywhere you go.
- Start your day with 1 or 2 glasses of water.
- If you are planning a long trip add a cooler with plenty of drinks such as decaffeinated iced tea, coconut water, etc.
4. Proper sleep is important:
Studies prove that sleep has an intricate role in various hormone regulation and metabolic processes in the body. Metabolic dysfunction with sleep loss has only recently been understood. It is found that sleep deprivation causes hormonal changes in the body which in turn causes metabolic dysfunction. So proper sleep is very important.
5. Relaxation and Meditation
Metabolism is mainly controlled by the endocrine gland and with regular meditation and relaxation practices, we can keep our mind calm and even cure any hormonal imbalance and upkeep the nervous system. Usually, 20 mins of minimum meditation are recommended by experts because it is very important to calm your body and mind to improve both emotional and physical health.
Some tips to boost metabolism with meditation are:
- Sit quietly in a room where you won’t get disturbed ,leaving your phone and other electronics outside or turned off.
- Close eyes and take slow breadths.
- Imagine a balloon fill it with all your stress and negative events of the day in the balloon and tie it and release it.
- Imagine the balloon going away.
- Finally imagine it disappearing in the sky.
6. Manage stress:
Stress is a parasite of the brain. It causes sleep deprivation, depresses immune system, causes depression and anxiety, increases blood pressure and the list goes on .So reducing stress means reducing all the stress related problems and which in turn means boosting your metabolism.
Here are some tips to start reducing stress:
- Take a walk or mild exercise is best.
- Talk it out with your friends family or with anyone you trust.
- Laugh out loud,whoop it ,sing it out or mockery dance can work well.
- Make life creative, create things you love, it can be a painting or it can a sand art or a tasty dish and many more.
To know more about stress management check.