This is a very common problem that millions of men are suffering. and erectile dysfunction is not just a single disorder, with this comes many other types of problems such as lack of confidence, distressed relationship, stress even depression and many more.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
The condition in which the male is unable to maintain an erection or even achieve an erection while intercourse. This problem is very often heard on in men. the cause of this problem can be both physical and psychological.various different factors are involved in this disorder. Mostly this problem is short-lived and men of any age can experience erectile dysfunction. But in some cases, it can be long term which is usually seen with the increase in age. It is more common in men above 65 age but are also found im men above 40. Erectile dysfunction is such a disorder which can occur alone or may be tied to certain health disorder.
What Causes Erectile dysfunction?
Variety of factors are relate when it comes to understand the cause of erectile dysfunction. Although the causes are different in different cases of ER but the root is almost same for the issue. And it is important to identify the cause of any problem before looking for solution.
Some of the causes of erectile dysfunction
1. The side effects of various medicines that are prescribed to males for various dieseases can be the cause of erectiled dysfunction.
2. Patients who are undergoing chemo therapy often seen to experience this problem of erectile dysfunction.
3. Erectile problems may also be due to psychological problems such as stress, depression, worry, guilt, anxiety, fear, some kind of phobia and many more.
4. Diseases such as peyronie’s disease or any disease associated with circulatory system can also be the cause of erectile dysfunction.
5. Sometimes the problem can be with veins and arteries. When they are unable to circulate blood to and from the penis.
6. Diseases such as Diabetes can causes damage to the veins that may require extra trestment to function normally.
7. People suffering from heart or circulatory disorder or someone having a family history of these diseases may also be the reason behind this problem of erectile dysfunction.
8. Erectile dystonis the most common thing in aged people because as we age ,a hormone named Deyhdoepianrosterone(DHEA) production decreses which in turn lowers production of testosterone or estrogen.
9. Damaged pelvic floor muscles, prostrate cancer, enlarged prostrate, can also be the reason of erectile dysfunction.
10. Obesity can also be the reason of erectile dysfunction.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction
According to different causes of erectile dysfunction treatment has to be different accordingly. Change of lifestyle, diet and exercises can help in treatment of erctile dysfunction. Some of the treament of erectile dysfunction are-
Exercises that can help with erectile dysfucntion.
1. Vacuum Constriction Devices-The device is composed of a pump and a band. Studies shows that an avarage of 8 out of 10 men find it effective but it should not be used very often as some side effects may occur.
Some common side effects of VCD are-
2. Erectile dysfunction Rings- Erectile dysfunction rings are considerably safe that they are easy to put on and remove. Studies shows that around 75% of men who use this are happy with the results. But this too may have some common problems for the first time users.
Some side effects of Erectile dysfuncton rings are-
3. Intra urethral Therapy- nearly 100% of the men who has used it has found it effective. The product takes effect after 10-15 minutes of injecting it into the penis directly so it is better to use it before intercourse. There are two ways through which this process works-
A drug named alprostadil is usually injected directly in the penis.
Some side effects of Intrayurethral Therapy are-
Surgical treatments that help erectile dysfunction are-
Vascular Reconstructive Surgery- This surgery is done for reconstructing the vessels to boost or improve blood flow to the penis. Tose patients have rectile dysfunction due to diabetes, hypertension, heart problems are advied against it.
1 out of 20 patients have seen long term benefits In this process.
It works by harvesting an artery from the stomach and transferring it to the penis thus increasing blood flow through the organ.
Penile Prosthesis- prosthesis is placed through surgery in the penis it can be either in the scortal sac or the abdomen depending on the condition. There are two types of Penile prosthesis – The 3-piece and the 2-piece.
Some of the side effects are-
Keels and exercises for treating erectile dysfunction-
When it comes to exercise to help erectile dysfunction thoses exercises are concentrated which are focussed around pelvic basin as well as the area within the shorts.
There are specific pelvic floor exercises . However recent research suggest that ordinary run, walk can also help. Exercises that help boost circulation in the lower part of the body helps in erectile dysfunction treatment.
Kegel exercises- Kegel exrecises are popular among both men and women. It targets pelvic muscles utilized during sex giving them better control.
In this all you have to do is contract and relax pelvic floor muscles. Or in more simple words all you can do is imagine yourself trying to stop urine flow. You should focus specific muscle contract and relax while imagining, during this exercise.
Jelqing exercise- it’s an exercise for males who suffer from premature ejaculation, but those with Erectile Dysfunction should also have a good time trying out this method and improving their sexual capacity.
this particular exercise contributes largely to boosting stamina and preventing premature ejaculation. It also helps increase blood flow to the penis, essentially expanding the
blood vessels to the maximum to create stronger and longer erections.
Diet that helps in erectile dysfunction-
GLYCEMIC INDEX- If you suffer from erectile dysfunction with diabetes as the primary culprit, this is the particular diet to follow. GI Diet is also used by those who want to lose weight. The system basically focuses on carbohydrate content and how long it takes before they are converted into glucose or sugar.
There are three categories to GI:
• High GI – 70 and higher
• Medium GI – 56 to 69
• Low GI – 1 to 55
the foods which have GI between 1 to 55 should be consumed.
DASH DIET- The DASH Diet is strongly recommended for people with high blood pressure. If you suffer from hypertension, this is the best food regimen to lower your blood pressure and hopefully decrease the instances of erectile dysfunction.
There are actually two versions of the DASH Diet: the Standard Sodium and the Low Sodium.
The DASH Diet requires you to eat no more than 2,000 calories each day, the sodium content of which must NOT exceed 2,300 mg.
The focus of the Mediterranean diet is vegetables, fruits, and grain in that particular order. Your main fare would be leady greens with fruit as the primary source of sugar.