Filling and decorating your living space to fit your idea of a home is one of the basic joys of life. Whether it is some kind of furniture or a picture, most if not all of us have something in our apartments or houses to make it cozier.
Plants Help Women Live Longer Lives
The most common decoration that you might see is a plant or plant. They come in all shapes and sizes, but they are always there. But the real question is why are plants almost always seen as nothing more than decoration, just to give your home a green vibe. Time to consider some health benefits from our leafy friends.
An eight-year study
- From 2000 to 2008 a group of researchers conducted a study on the effects of plants on the health of women. Over 100 000 women were part of this research, which should give it much greater credit.
- The results were somewhat expected and unexpected at the same time. The ones that surrounded themselves with plants showed better health and even mental conditions than the ones that didn’t.
- The research team expected some kind of health benefits, but the great effect on both mind and body was a pleasant surprise. There are several reasons how plants help us. Their very presence alongside our care for them is a good way to fight depression, which is a big deal in the modern world.
- Areas that have more lush greenery also reduce the amount of air pollution. Of course, not all of us can live near a forest, in the countryside or in a city that takes care of its parks and trees.
- That is why it is a great idea to have several plants around your home. They refresh our home both in a colorful and a more literal way.
Some ideas for houseplants
Since we discovered that plants help reduce pollution, it is only logical to assume that there are plant species that are better at the job than others.
So if you plan on having some plants for the sake of having better air to breathe, you should consider buying lavender, jasmine, spider plants, peace lilies, English ivies, or Boston ferns.
These are the ones recommended by NASA at least. There is always the fact that you want to buy plants just for the joy of having them and taking care of them, and that is just fine.
They might not be as good at reducing air pollution as the aforementioned ones, but still, the fact that you have them and love them, helps you just as much.